She's a self-proclaimed "former fashionista raising 4 boys under the age of 5".
We reconnected when I took her headshots several years back.
Raising four boys under five sounds insane, right? It pretty much is. That's why she has a very devoted following.
And over the years her blog has become so widely-read that it's become her full-time job and she travels around to all kinds of blogger events and endorses products (see video at top), shows up on talk shows, and interviews celebrities and gets showered with free stuff from apple sauce to ovens, refrigerators, laundry machines, and dishwashers.
It's nuts. She is and has always been a superhuman. (She was the BEST swimmer in Rhode Island growing up and also swam for Brown I think.)
So it was heartbreaking to come across this update on her blog today.
Basically, a couple of days ago her husband Matt was suddenly feeling stomach pain and thinking he might have appendicitis, they went to the hospital to get it checked out. It turned out to be a tumor on his colon and he underwent emergency surgery to have it checked out. They removed a section of his colon and now they're on test results to come back.
Here's the update video she posted on her blog for all her followers and friends:
Please send some positive thoughts and energy toward Audrey and her family...

Not only does Audrey set a shining example of being able to be extremely successful at whatever it is you want to do while loving every minute of it, but her situation today reminds me to not sweat the small stuff, never to take things for granted, and to go out there and do all the things I want to do TODAY, because who knows what could happen tomorrow.
And while I barely need reminding, since I'm pretty conscious of all this and basically do whatever I want to do anyway, it reminds me that I often need to give some of my friends out there a little nudge to get their asses in gear.
I know more than a couple people who are wasting away in jobs they hate and failing to achieve their full potential and it saddens and upsets me more than anything else in my life.
Do what you love, soak up the time you have with the amazing people that surround you, and live in the moment.
And while we're on the topic of "seizing the day", Newsies is coming to Broadway next month and I'm getting tickets. Let me know if you want to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment