Friday, January 27, 2012

I LOVE BROADWAY / Book of Mormon

So the Book of Mormon last night was, of course, INCREDIBLE.

I went with roommate Kayvon and it was so much fun not only to watch it again but to this time be able to watch as the audience roared with laughter.

We had found cheapo last minute tickets on Stubhub for $175 and pounced on them.

The vantage point mayyy have been better than last time. 2nd row Mezz!




I loved keeping an eye on the audience during the show.

There's nothing quite like seeing a group of grannies erupt in cackles when the cast sings out "fuckfrog on his clitoris-face!" (Yes, those are actual song lyrics.)








Going to shows is one of my favorite things about living in New York.

Every time I leave a show I just feel happy and inspired.

Working with actors on a daily basis, I've really come to appreciate them and their craft.

And in New York it's all about the craft.

New York actors are different from LA actors because they just love ACTING. Even if you're starring on a Broadway show, you're probably not making millions.

Most LA actors care about the craft, but they probably care more about the fame and the money. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I LOVE fame and money. But in NYC, very few people go into acting expecting to be famous. They just want to act because they love it - the fame is a by-product of being an amazing actor.

And this cast is full of amazing actors. And when you see this group of people, singing and dancing and clearly IN LOVE with what they do, you just can't help but be inspired and happy and so proud of them for committing to doing what they want do and succeeding!

The original cast members all just renewed their contracts through 2013. You have to see this show. NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment