Thursday, August 18, 2011

To my fellow iPad/iPhone users...



I will change your life today.

Meet Handbrake.

Tim and Charleen showed it to me while I was in Sacramento.

It's an EPIC and FREE program that allows you to rip any DVD into an mp4 format that you can then place in iTunes to sync onto your iPad, iPhone, or appleTV.

It is AWESOME and soooooo easy to use.

Just download it at www.handbrake.fr. Open it up and drop the program in your applications folder. Start the program. Then you have to download the VLC program (it will prompt you after you've installed and opened Handbreak. I downloaded the 64-bit Mac OSX VLC, 3rd one down.)

Then you put in the DVD you want to burn. Click "Source", click on the DVD, select "Open", then choose the format you want to rip for, (I do iPad) and then just click "Start".



For someone who travels a ton and does everything on his iPad and hates the idea of having to pay the iTunes store to watch digital iPad movies I already own on DVD (or could rent on Netflix) this is the awesomest thing ever. I've already started queuing up all my favorite movies ever on Netflix so I can rip em for my iPad. Yayyyyyyy!!!

You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment