We had an earthquake yesterday.
Well actually Virginia had an earthquake, but the eastern seaboard sits on a single giant tectonic plate apparently, so we felt some of it.
Anyway, my immediate instinct** was to run upstairs to my roof. Is that crazy? I figured if my building collapsed... my chances of survival would be better off riding the building down leaping from concrete slab to concrete slab surfer-style and crushing everyone beneath me rather than trying to run down nine flights of stairs (or risking the elevator) and being crushed from above... of course this all happens in a fantasy world where I'm NOT the most clumsy uncoordinated person alive.
But anyway. My building didn't collapse. I don't think a single building anywhere collapsed. Some pieces fell off the National Cathedral in Washington...I think that's about it.
But anyway. I had an earthquake dream last night. And everything happened almost the same way it happened during the day. I was sitting on my couch retouching pictures when everything started wiggling. At first I thought it was the neighbors having sex or a wiggle party or something. But then I was like...oh my god it's an earthquake. But then I started hearing people laughing and cheering. And so I walked into the hall and opened the door of the neighbor's apartment. And they were having a wiggle party! Like literally there were 60 people in the room, lying down, sitting in chairs, standing...all wiggling in place.
It was weird.
**actually my immediate instinct was to update my facebook status.
No comments:
Post a Comment