I don't ever remember getting fillings being so painful. Maybe I'm getting older. Either way. It was pain pain pain and I hated it. The doctor didn't drop the drill on my face this time though, so yay for that. But I have been terrified of the dentist and haven't been since July 2009 because of that drill-to-the-face incident. Hates the dentist!
I didn't eat all day. My lip was numb until 3 o clock or so.
Amanduh and I rode bikes around Santa Monica. I figured this earned us a yummy snacky. We went to R + D on Montana which is now one of my new favorites.

Then for dinner Bobby got us a reservation at Gjelina.
For the past few months, all I've heard about is this new restaurant Gjelina and how amazing amazing amazing it is. And how impossible it is to get a reservation there unless you're a celeb. Or just really lucky.
The place has had awesome reviews across the board. The menu is constantly changing and innovating.
As an up-and-coming music video director Bobbo has some friends in high places and scored us a 9:30 reservation. Better late than never.
We sat around and drank beers eagerly awaiting 9:30.

Finally. We get there. And of course the second we walk in the door, it turns out that the hostess happens to be my lovely friend Natalie!
Now we can get reservation there whenever. Just like a celebrity. Yay!
So our meal, we decided to go all-out and share.
We started with Charred Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Dates and Vinegar... (brussel sprouts are the french fry of LA and these were incredible)

Then we had the Lamb Sausage, Confit Tomato, Rapini and Pecorino & Asiago Pizza...

Then the Wood Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic and Chili and Vinegar

Then the P.E.I. Mussels with Chorizo, Confit Tomato, White Wine and Grilled Bread.

And topped it all off with the Pork Meatballs Braised in Tomato & Red Wine w/ Parmesan.

MMMmmmMMmMM YUMMMY!!!!

Thank you Bobby for scoring us the rezzie!
No comments:
Post a Comment