I found one that I LOVE LOVE LOVED. The roommates were awesome, the place was insane. I never heard back from them.
I found another that I also loved, not as much as the first, but it was still awesome. The guy was a nice gay. I pestered him to make a decision, I blew off three other apartments/roommates that had accepted me as their roommate, and finally last Saturday night he picked me!
I didn't get back from LA until late Tuesday so I wasn't able to get him my deposit check until yesterday. He handed me the keys, and then I went home to start packing.
AND THEN
He sent me this email:
Hey Dennis,
I am sorry to do this, I just feel we're not moving on the same plane. The room is really a furnished rental, I made sure to say this a few times, but mattresses bed frames dress is all part of the agreement. I've been renting as furnished for a few years and will continue to after this next agreement.
I'm sorry I've been tentative about this agreement for a while, but I really didn't feel we were on the same page tonight when you came by, I should have stuck by and seen more people so that I would have felt strong in this choice, but I knew you wanted a quick answer, and I just wasn't ready to give it, and now i feel I've moved to fast.
This has nothing to do with you, i think your a great guy. I just no longer see this as a good fit and I am deeply sorry. I realize we've exchanged keys, and money, but I can not deposit the check as I do feel I need to move in a different direction.
Again I am sorry.
LUKE
I was irate. I wanted to cry. I seriously started thinking about ways to poison little doggies (he has one) and burn down apartments (he also has one).
I'm leaving for LA (again) on Tuesday so I have 5 days to find a f*cking apartment.
Now that I have my head wrapped around the situation this morning, I suppose it isn't all that bad. I mean. Do I really want to live with the d-bag who would send such an email? And things happen for a reason maybe it is a sign I shouldn't have been moving downtown (Financial District). And worst case scenario is I don't find an apt and get a storage unit and take my time finding an amazing apt.
THANK GOD I do not have a job that takes up my 9-5 so I can devote time to this ridiculous apartment hunt. I don't know how you normal people do it.
Oh. P.S. This is what the mo-fo looks like:

If you happen to see him on the street somewhere please don't hesitate to stab a dagger through his stupid screaming ass-face.
Things do happen for a reason, son! If the crazy landlady didn't come after us with a butcher knife on our move in day, you won't have a life that you have now! That woman forced us to start thinking about buying a place of our own and be in control of the place we live...Love, Dad
ReplyDeleteEwwwww you were going to live in the FINANCIAL DISTRICT? This is all for the best. (Plus roofdeck = deeeefinitely for the best).
ReplyDeleteTHOU SHALL NOT DWELL WITH BUGS (BALD UGLY GAYS)
ReplyDelete