Friday, January 15, 2010

Back in NYC

Hi there! Hi!

I'm in NYC!

Woohoo!

I'm taking it easy trying to collect my life.

I've been all over the place these past few months as you may have seen, and I'm trying to get on top of everything. Stacks of bills and credit card statements and taxes and hospitals still chasing me down for money.

There's a storm coming.

And that storm is called JESSE AND SMILEYJOHN TAKE NEW YORK CITY!

So I am prepping for that.

Shopping for new furnitures to accomodate my friends.

Cleaning. Organizing. Being productive.

For this new year I want to do something different. I'm going to report back each day on:

1. Something I did that was productive (which maybe helped to push my career forward.)
2. Something I learned (that I probably should have already known).
3. Something I'm grateful for. (Oprah urges people to do this.)

I feel like if I do this I will be much more productive because I feel like otherwise I will have to answer to you all, my friends and loyal blog-readers (and random Canadiasians, if you're still out there.) I started this blog to track my ascent from recent-firee to photographic superstar, and things have plateau-ed a little bit and it's a new decade and we're not getting any younger and so it's time to get going.

.....................................

So yesterday.

Productive thing(s) I did:

- Picked up my car from New Jersey
- Bought a new couch from Ikea (a 5-hour ordeal which involved me borrowing a van from Uncle Frank and making 2 back-and-forth trips to the city from New Jersey)
- Picked up a beautiful new (and free) box-spring from Park Slope

Thing(s) I learned:

- How to finally get to and from New Jersey without looking at my iPhone Googlemaps
- That at gas stations in Jersey (which are all full-service) it is illegal to pump your own gas and this law has been in place for 50 years. Also, the gas station attendants don't expect you to tip them. And the gas is actually cheaper than in other states. Crazy.

Thing(s) I'm grateful for:

- Tim, for helping me move my couch
- NotRobb for being a whiny little high-maintenance bitch
- Roommate Thom's random gigs that let him bring back assorted alcohols and delicious foodsnacks

1 comment: