Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Amanda is a hard-hitting journalist.



I don't know if you were paying attention but at the beginning of the report Amanduhhhh states, "Marcia Franklin says a virus in her neck restricts her to a wheelchair..."

Amanda's interview was actually a little more in-depth than the report showed. This part of the interview didn't make it to air because, well, it didn't really help the woman's cause. It's not word-for-word, but this was the gist of it:

Amanda: "So Marcia, why did you first have to start using a wheelchair?"

Marcia: "Well they um first started putting me in the wheelchair because I um acouldn't walk no more...because of the crack."

Amanda: "A crack in your vertebrae?"

Marcia: "No.....the crack and cocaine."

At this point Amanda was all smiles and laughter and rolling-around-on-the-floor-convulsing inside. But of course you can't laugh in the face of your interviewee...so she continued...

Amanda: "I see...and what do doctors call the virus in your neck that keeps you in a wheelchair?"

Marcia: "Um....well...the doctors says it is called the AIDS."

No comments:

Post a Comment