So it looks like my blog entries are going to go in reverse. And I'll cover Vegas (most recent) and work backwards. Sorry about it! I'm sure you care lots.
Upon landing in Vegas last night, Erik and I headed over to Chinatown for dinner.
Vegas's "Chinatown" is really just a series of strip malls featuring loads and loads of all kinds of Asian restaurants. I doubt tourists ever make it over there.
It's pretty awesome though!
Erik is growing his hair out into a teenage bowl-cut. Why? I do not know.
The restaurant he brought me to was called Ichiza. It was a Japanese BBQ-y place. I believe they call it an Izakaya if I'm using the term correctly...
We definitely treated ourselves to a FEAST...starting with Jalapeno/Shrimp Fried Rice complete with nasty little shrimpheads...
Chicken Meatballs...
Yakitori Skewers...
Stir Fried Pork Udon...
Spicy Chicken Karaage...
Gyozaaaaa...
The menu was endless and insane...
Our final course...was HONEY TOAST.
It is basically half a loaf of toast, SOAKED in honey and covered in ice cream...
You have to cut into the corners...
And then it opens up like a box of sweet gooey goodness...SO DELICIOUS. Definitely not for the carb-conscious.
I LOOOOOVE CHINAFOODCHINATOWN!!!!
Today I spent the day playing poker. Made a bunch of money which I promptly lost playing blackjack with Erik.
We also hit up the Bacchanal Buffet. In case you missed my last post about it, go here. Definitely the place to go if you want to TREAT YO SELF. And of course, we did.
Okiedokey, jumping on a 7am flight back to NYC so that I can have a little birthday fun!















No comments:
Post a Comment