So I went to Daniel for dinner the other night.
Both Conlix and MAO got engaged there (the staff probably collectively rolls their eyes anytime they see someone get down on one knee)...so I wanted to see what all the fuss is about.
It was delicious for sure.
Not quite $900 delicious....which is how much two 12-course tasting menus with wine pairings cost...but pretty effing delicious.

I'm not very good at fancyfood. I enjoy it sure. But I would also love to just eat a meatball sandwich. And if there was some kind of hundred-dollar meatball...that would pretty much be my dream meal. So you can shower me with Slow-Baked Turbot and Caramelized Scallops and Roasted Guinea Hens.... And I will enjoy them... But when you bring me the check I can't help but think I would have a lot more fun throwing a suitcase full of money off the Empire State Building.
Normally I would have taken lots of dkfoodshots, but it was a really nice place and I didn't want to be that guy. So I only took a pic of my amoooz boooosh...

And a quickie shot of the dining room.

The presentation of everything was INSANE. And the attentiveness of the waitstaff was borderline annoying as you couldn't have more than 5 minutes of conversation before a waiter interrupted to present your next wine or course or water etc.
After our meal though we got a tour of the kitchen thanks to my wonderful friend Maisie who happens to be Daniel Boulud's assistant. It made the whole adventure worth it. Thank you Maisie!

This blog post is obnoxious, isn't it?
Alrighty. I'm off to the airport to go house-hunting in LA. Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment