It was a whirlwind of a week.
Over the course of the Oslo Freedom Forum I met amazing people, made wonderful new friends, met human rights icons, presidents, future presidents, and the Duchess of York - Sarah Ferguson.
Today somehow I managed "wake up", pack up my room at 7am, and make my way to the airport. All on blackout autopilot.
I came to on a bench at the airport.

My bag had already been checked. I'd managed to upgrade myself to an exit row. But then as I approached border patrol a feeling of dread washed over me.
"F*ck. My passport."
I slowly reached into my suitjacket pocket and to my amazement realized that my ID was right where it was supposed to be. I had remembered to retrieve my passport from the safe. I was SO proud of myself. You kind of expect yourself to make all kinds of idiotic mistakes when you're intoxicated, so when you're able to function like a normal human being, it's kind of amazing. And terrifying. (Tee, if you're reading this I liken it to the time at Campus Dance where I got you into the Biltmore over the telephone with my credit card numbers and managed NOT to lose my credit card or phone in my blacked-out incoherent state.)
Anyway. I'm back. Will post all about the Forum soon. It was life-changing.
No comments:
Post a Comment