Monday, April 2, 2007

Lasik Consultation!

I went in today for my initial consultation with celebrity surgeon Dr. Robert Maloney, exclusive doctor to Extreme Makeover and apparently one of the best Lasik surgeons in the world. (I was referred by both TL (a former patient), and Dr. Grutzmacher (Doug's daddy).)

In the waiting room there was a wall of star testimonials.

One of them was a really cute framed picture of Angelina Jolie and it was signed:

Dr. Maloney!

I CAN SEE!!!!!

You're amazing.

XOXO,
Angie


For some reason, that made me really comfortable.

Anyway...the results...

Aside for having a little dry eye, I passed!

I have adequately thick corneas and my vision hasn't really changed in the past 4 years.

Now I just have to cough up about $6400.

Yoinks.

Sure I could get it cheaper...but they're my eyes, do I really want to fuck around?



P.S.

Soon-to-be doctor friends. These Lasik surgeons make $2500-$6000 for each 8-minute surgery.

Conservatively I would estimate they do one surgery every other hour.

Or shit. How about just one per day.

HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment